Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3rd Degree by James Patterson


I always hesitate to start a new series when I'm several books behind. With book #7 hitting the best seller list this past month, I was a bit hesitant to dive into this. But I have caught a few reruns of the Women's Murder Club during this endless writer's strike and liked the foundation. I'm now three books into the series. They have all been "easy" reads and I have finished them quickly. I like to have books like this on my shelf to pick up in between those "heavy" reads. I had just finished Deep Survival, a nonfiction book about near death situations, and was in need of a switch.

Murder, dead bodies, conspiracy are my usual choice of mindless reading. So this story of Detective Boxer and her female colleagues was just what I needed. This time the group underwent some big changes and a lot of stress. They prevailed in the end, just what you want from your favorite heroes. I'll pick up the fourth one in a book or two, reading a little deeper subject right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're joining the challenge, make sure you are commenting on the correct post and don't forget to leave your email addy if you want to be able to post to this blog.

If you are commenting on a post, thanks for your feedback!