Sunday, March 30, 2008

16 Lighthouse Road

Debbie Macomber
Genre: Fiction
Published: 2001
Personal Rating: 2.5/5





Olivia Lockhart, a judge in Cedar Cove, Washington, lives at 16 Lighthouse Road. This book revolves around Olivia and all those in her life including: her mother, her children, her friends, her ex, her new male friend, and the people she presides over on the bench. AND, there are offshoots from the people already mentioned. So, there is a mega amount of characters all sharing the drama in their lives.

This type of book is just not for me. The concept of meeting people in a town and learning about their lives isn't all that bad, but to me this is like knocking on a stranger's door and asking them to share their life with you. I'm assuming that's the point of the book, Welcome to Cedar Cove!, so that may be a very nice compliment, but I have no interest in these people. Don't get me wrong, they are good people, but I can experience this is my daily life. I would rather read something else. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're joining the challenge, make sure you are commenting on the correct post and don't forget to leave your email addy if you want to be able to post to this blog.

If you are commenting on a post, thanks for your feedback!